Biography & Background
Lee Andelin has been practicing with Beus Gilbert since 2006 and is a Member of the Firm. Mr. Andelin’s practice focuses on complex business litigation matters. His practice emphasizes accounting fraud and professional liability cases, in which verdicts and settlements for clients have exceeded $200 million. Mr. Andelin’s practice also includes claims to recover properties condemned by the government valued at more than $25 million.
Prior to joining Beus Gilbert, Mr. Andelin served as an intern with the Utah Supreme Court and the US District Court for the District of Utah.
- Representing liquidator of Cayman Islands hedge fund that suffered losses from massive fraud; total recoveries to date exceed $140 million.
- Represented United States affiliates of international dairy and food conglomerate in recovering losses arising out of parent companies’ accounting fraud.
- Represented attorneys in $11.5 million legal malpractice case brought by former clients; obtained summary judgment in favor of attorneys.
- Represented former executive of international marketing company; obtained dismissal of claims under non-compete clause of employment agreement.
- Representing technology company in intellectual property disputes over patents for video playback software.
- Representing group of homeowners claiming that dredging in San Diego Bay by federal and local government entities is causing erosion to shoreline properties.
- Krys v. Aaron (In re Refco Inc. Secs. Litig.), 826 F. Supp. 2d 478 (S.D.N.Y. 2010)
- Krys v. Sugrue (In re Refco Inc. Secs. Litig.), 779 F. Supp. 2d 372 (S.D.N.Y. 2011)
- Krys v. Sugrue (In re Refco Inc. Secs. Litig.), 859 F. Supp. 2d 644 (S.D.N.Y. 2012)
- Krys v. Aaron (In re Refco Inc. Secs. Litig.), 890 F. Supp. 2d 332 (S.D.N.Y. 2012)
- Krys v. Aaron, 106 F. Supp. 3d 492 (D.N.J. 2015)
- Krys v. Aaron, 112 F. Supp. 3d 181 (D.N.J. 2015)