Biography & Background
Patrick “Rick” Sovereign is a Member of Beus Gilbert whose practice is focused on real estate and business transactions. Mr. Sovereign’s broad-based transactional practice involves the acquisition and disposition of commercial real estate including negotiating and drafting purchase agreements, conducting appropriate due diligence, negotiating and drafting commercial leases, and negotiating and drafting partnership and limited liability company agreements. He currently manages a large real estate portfolio with properties in Arizona, California, Colorado, New Mexico, Texas, Utah and Mexico. The portfolio is comprised of various product types ranging from large vacant parcels, telecommunications sites, improved commercial property, large master planned residential properties, and properties with mineable natural resources.
Mr. Sovereign is a graduate of California Western School of Law where he graduated cum laude. He received his undergraduate degree in Business Administration from the University of Phoenix.
- Management of a large real estate portfolio with properties located in Arizona, California, Colorado, New Mexico, Texas, Utah and Mexico
- Negotiates and drafts purchase agreements, commercial leases, partnership and limited liability company agreements for clients
- Conducts due diligence prior to acquisition of real estate on behalf of clients
- United States v. Dickerson, Will It Be The Proverbial Straw That Breaks Miranda’s Back, 36 Cal. W.L. Rev. 195 (1999).
- American Bar Association
- Arizona State Bar Association
- Maricopa County Bar Association
- J. Reuben Clark Law Society, Phoenix Chapter
- President and Director, East Valley Elite Lacrosse Club, Arizona, 2008 -2010
- President of Student Chapter, J. Reuben Clark Law Society, San Diego, 1998-1999
- Missionary, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Port-au-Prince, Haiti, 1987-1989