Biography & Background
Steve Bienstock is a Member of the Firm with over 45 years of legal experience and is licensed in both Arizona and Maryland. Prior to joining Beus Gilbert, Mr. Bienstock had extensive in-house counsel experience. He served as Assistant General Counsel to American Medicorp, based in Philadelphia. He also served as Corporate Counsel of Greyhound Financial & Leasing Corporation AG in London, England, and General Counsel of Greyhound Leasing & Financial Corporation in Phoenix, Arizona. In addition, Mr. Bienstock was General Counsel of Lincoln Savings and Loan Association, in receivership, also based in Phoenix.
Mr. Bienstock has focused his practice primarily on real estate finance and commercial transactions for the past 23 years. His practice includes representing clients in the sale, purchase, financing and leasing of real estate. He is also called upon to issue enforceability opinions for clients in regard to major projects. His clients have included developers and owners of retail stores, office complexes and multi-family projects, lenders and airlines. He is recognized by his peers as an AV® Preeminent Lawyer with the highest rating in Martindale-Hubbell.
In 2013, Mr. Bienstock was involved in one of the largest transactions ever completed in the state of Arizona in which a client of the Firm, Pinal Land Holdings, purchased land from the City of Mesa for over $110 Million.
Recent Representative Matters
- Represented a client in sale of a privately-held company to a publicly-traded company for $75 million.
- Represented a client in the purchase of office buildings in excess of $10 million.
- Represented a client in sale of a privately-held company to an international conglomerate for nearly $20 million.
- Represented local lenders in making loans in excess of $10 million.
- Represented a client in purchase and financing of an office park project in the amount of $23 million.
- Represented a client in obtaining loans in excess of $30 million secured by shopping centers.
- Represented a landowner in granting of easement with value in excess of $400,000.
- Represented a client in purchase of retail centers in excess of $12 million.
- Represented a national retail client in 13 commercial sublease transactions.
- Represented a client in site acquisition of 10 locations for a carwash business.
- Member, State Bar of Arizona, Real Property Section
- Member, American Bar Association, Real Property Section
- Member, Executive Council, State Bar of Arizona Real Property Section, 2003-2006
- Member, Board of Directors, Desert Division of Train Collectors Association, 3 years
- Member, Board of Directors, Merrill Cantatierra Homeowners Association, 3 years