Biography & Background
Prior to his legal career, Thomas Connelly spent nearly a decade in the technology world, providing IT project management services to Fortune 500 companies where he designed, developed and implemented large corporate application systems. After receiving his law degree, Mr. Connelly spent four years as an Assistant State’s Attorney for the second largest prosecutor’s office in the country before becoming in-house counsel for a publicly traded Fortune 300 distributor of computer hardware and software. His background in technology has made Mr. Connelly a valuable resource for the Firm’s clients with intellectual property infringement and technology licensing issues.
Mr. Connelly’s practice also involves litigation of complex civil and commercial matters in federal and state courts nationwide. He is experienced in a broad array of business litigation issues including accountants’ liability claims, partnership disputes, shareholder disputes, directors’ and officers’ liability, trade secret misappropriation, fraudulent transfers and employment non-compete and restrictive covenants. Mr. Connelly has also handled personal injury matters, real estate disputes and construction defect cases. He has been first chair trial attorney for more than 100 civil and criminal trials.
Mr. Connelly, who is a Member of Beus Gilbert, has received a Distinguished Peer Rating for High Professional Achievement from Martindale Hubbell.
- Represented bankruptcy trustee and noteholders of former sub-prime auto lending enterprise in claims against international accounting firm and former company officers and directors for fraud, negligence, breach of fiduciary duty and aiding and abetting. Recovered nearly $30 million for clients through settlement.
- Negotiate and draft software and other intellectual property licensing agreements, including joint venture agreement involving patents valued at more than $6.5 million.
- Negotiate and document transactions involving millions in goods, services and real estate.
- Litigate complex civil and commercial matters in federal and state courts nationwide.
- Sun Valley Ranch 308 Ltd. Partnership ex rel Englewood Properties, Inc. v. Robson, 231 Ariz. 287, 294 P.3d 125, 2012
- In re Refco Securities Litigation, 859 F. Supp.2d. 644, 2012 WL 1611860, 2012
- In re Refco Securities Litigation, 779 F.Supp.2d 372, 2011 WL 1542508, 2011
- Charles M. Brewer, Ltd. Restated Pension v. CBIZ, Inc., Not Reported in F. Supp. 2d, 2010 WL 2367210, 2010
- Ryan v. Sell, Not Reported in P. 3d, 2008 WL 56264989, 2008
- Bradley Trust v. Zenith Capital, LLC., Not Reported in F. Supp. 2d, 2006 WL 193642, 2006
- In re Crown Vantage, Inc., Not Reported in F. Supp.2d, 2004 WL 1635543, 2004
Presentations and Publications
Faculty, Computer Forensics & Electronic Discovery in Arizona, Lorman Education Services, 2008
Faculty, Document Retention and Destruction in Arizona, Lorman Education Services, 2007
Contributor, Security Requirements and Evidentiary Issues in the Interchange of Electronic Documents: Steps Toward Developing a Security Policy, 12 J. Marshall J. Comp. & Info. L.425.