Christine N. Jones
PRACTICE AREAS:COMMERCIAL LITIGATION
Christine N. Jones is a member of Beus Gilbert McGroder PLLC, a premier boutique law firm concentrating on High Stakes Litigation, Real Estate and Zoning Law, and Plaintiffs Catastrophic Injury & Wrongful Death. Ms. Jones is a member of the firm’s Commercial Litigation practice.
Christine Jones is the former Executive Vice President, General Counsel & Corporate Secretary for Go Daddy Operating Company LLC. As Go Daddy’s first lawyer, Christine made it a priority to establish Go Daddy as a leader in the fight to make the Internet better and safer for users, particularly children. She has testified numerous times before U.S. Congressional Committees about various issues related to the Internet. She also helped drive federal Internet-related legislation, including laws to keep the Web safe from child predators and rogue online pharmacies.
Prior to Go Daddy, Christine’s practice focused primarily on commercial litigation. Before entering private practice, Christine worked for the Los Angeles District Attorney’s Office. She spent time in a variety of departments, including stints in Compton, the Special Investigations Division, and the Hard Core Gang Division.
Christine has been a guest lecturer at a variety of law schools, graduate business schools, colleges and universities, and high schools, including Stanford University, The University of Virginia, Arizona State University, Santa Clara University, Whittier Law School, and many others. She is a published author and served as Editor-In-Chief of the Whittier Law Review.
In addition, Christine stays involved in many volunteer and charitable projects. She serves on the board of directors for her church as well as multiple for-profit and non-profit organizations. She does a significant amount of pro-bono legal work, mentors young women on a variety of subjects, and can routinely be found teaching students about the dangers of the Internet.
U.S. Courts for the Ninth Circuit
U.S. District Court – District of Arizona
Supreme Court of the State of Arizona
Whittier Law School, J.D.
University of Illinois, CPA
Auburn University, Bachelor of Science in Accounting & Business Administration
Memberships & Activities
American Bar Association
Arizona Bar Association
Maricopa County Bar Association
Association of Corporate Counsel
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
Illinois CPA Society
- Tyler Trent Ochoa and Christine Newman Jones, Defiling the Dead: Necrophilia and the Law, 18 Whittier L. Rev. 539 (1997).
- To shape government policy, you have to know the big picture. October 19, 2012. https://www.law.com/insidecounsel/sites/insidecounsel/2012/10/19/to-shape-government-policy-you-have-to-know-the-big-picture/
- To make good policy, know your strategy. November 2, 2012.
- To make good policy—or prevent bad policy—know your company’s goals. November 16, 2012. https://www.law.com/insidecounsel/sites/insidecounsel/2012/11/16/to-make-good-policy-or-prevent-bad-policy-know-your-companys-goals/
- Before you can shape government policy, you have to know your audience. November 30, 2012. https://www.law.com/insidecounsel/sites/insidecounsel/2012/11/30/before-you-can-shape-government-policy-you-have-to-know-your-audience/
- To influence policy, get to know the key players on the issues. December 14, 2012. https://www.law.com/insidecounsel/sites/insidecounsel/2012/12/14/to-influence-policy-get-to-know-the-key-players-on-the-issues/
- To influence government policy, you have to know your endgame. January 04, 2013. https://www.law.com/insidecounsel/sites/insidecounsel/2013/01/04/to-influence-government-policy-you-have-to-know-your-endgame/