L. Richard Williams
PRACTICE AREAS:ACCOUNTANT AND LAWYER LIABILITY, COMPLEX COMMERCIAL LITIGATION, FRAUD AND SECURITIES LITIGATION, INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LITIGATION, PARTNERSHIP AND BUSINESS LITIGATION, REAL PROPERTY LITIGATION
L. Richard Williams is a member of Beus Gilbert McGroder PLLC, a premier boutique law firm concentrating on High Stakes Litigation, Real Estate and Zoning Law, and Plaintiffs Catastrophic Injury & Wrongful Death. Mr. Williams represents clients in complex litigation involving intellectual property, securities and fraud, professional malpractice, partnership and business disputes, real estate and contract disputes. He has been lead or co-lead litigator in plaintiffs’ cases resulting in verdicts or settlements totaling in excess of $850 million for his clients. His favorable results include representation of a major linguistic software developer in license agreement litigation against Microsoft, a university against Pfizer relating to Pfizer’s development of Celebrex, and an international bank against former international accounting firm, Price Waterhouse. His current cases include intellectual property claims against DISH Network.
From 2002 to 2005, Mr. Williams and his family lived in Brazil doing religious and charitable work. He is fluent in Portuguese.
- $338 million jury verdict after the eleven and one-half month Standard Charter v. Price Waterhouse trial, which was the largest jury award in Arizona history at the time
- $450 million settlement for major university and professor against pharmaceutical company and its predecessors for breach of contract and misappropriation of trade secrets and patent infringement
- $145.4 million in settlements in representation of liquidator for a hedge fund against auditors, attorneys and investment bankers
- Successfully represented a major linguistic software developer in license agreement litigation against Microsoft
- Successfully represented a national hotel chain in partnership disputes in various jurisdictions including trials in Minnesota and Iowa
- Ranked AV® Preeminent™ by Martindale Hubbell – *AV® Preeminent ™ and BV® Distinguished™ are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards
- Selected, Best Lawyers in America – 2014 to 2017, 2021-2022